Friday 13 March 2015

My Top 8 Perfumes Currently...

I thought I would share with you a few of my perfume loves today... just a heads up: this is a really lengthy post!

 Prada - Candy
The perfume description: Is a lively and colourful fragrance with a real pop. Top notes of care free caramel, blended with base notes of vanilla and benzoin. It's the perfect fragrance for classy girls, bursting with life and passion.

My thoughts/comments:
My mum and dad brought me this perfume back after a holiday. I had asked for Candy L'Eau (light pink version), however picked up this one due to the advise from the saleswoman. LuckilyI like the scent of this one too. To me the packaging isn't as great as the daisy dream or anything, but I do like the design with the black, gold and pink. It still looks pretty sat on my dresser. Although it feels odd: with it not having a lid like the others. The scent is really sweet smelling but not sickly sweet which people may find viva la juicy to be. 

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 9/10 probably would not repurchase this one but the buy the other one mentioned above.

bad me from searching up about this perfume online I now want the shower gel due to the packaging. is anyone else a sucker for packaging?




The perfume description: Is sexy and musky yet comforting; a perfect example of modern femininity. It has a cheeky, floral, oriental aroma. It features a stunning heart of Ylang Ylang, top notes of Black Rose and base notes of carnal violet.

My thoughts/comments:
I received this as a christmas present in 2013 and i'll be honest this was a perfume without the knowledge of whether I liked it and luckily I do. I got the gift set of this which comes in a gorgeous box with a mirror, which is perfect for keepsake items aka for me hair grips. The packaging is cute. It comes with a little pendant on a chain (bracelet) wrapped round the neck of the bottle which is such a lovely touch in my opinion. The scent is such a grower. At first I was just like 'meh' but I really like it now. Definitely agree with it being musky floral scent! When you originally spray it you think 'oh my god strong' but it definitely smells so much better when settled into the skin. 

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 8/10 probably wouldn't repurchase.


The perfume description: Is a luxurious, stunning fragrance which has a beautiful floral scent. It's designed to capture the iconic spirit of the brand today in a striking and sensual way, Burberry Body does just that with its mix of Freesia, Peach and Wormwood top notes, middle notes of Iris, Sandalwood and Rose and base notes Cashmere Wood, Musk, Amber and Vanilla.

My thoughts/comments:
My sister got me this as a present after giving me tonnes of their little sample bottles: which look exactly like the bottle rather than the thin small spray samples you get. They were super cute and handy to have in my handbag.. I don't know if they still do them but I would definitely recommend keeping your eye out.  The packaging is heavy (thick glass), pretty much just glass with gold detailing on the lid and text. The scent to me is quite mature and strong. It's one that would be like great for work or a posh event although it doesn't have to be, but that's what it reminds me of. I also find it quite long lasting on the skin too.

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 8.5/10, I'm unsure whether I would buy this again.


Gucci - Guilty
The perfume description: 'Is a sensual and distinctive scent for woman that like to make things happen. It is an oriental floral scent with Mandarin and Pink Pepper giving you the top notes and peach, lilac and geranium at its heart and base nots of Amber and Patchouli.'

My thoughts/comments:
I got this miniature as a part of a Gucci miniature set containing 4 other perfumes for christmas. These are perfect for handbags or to put in your clutch for a night out. The packaging is not all that exciting in my eyes. The scent again is one I would describe as mature/sophisticated scent. I find that it lasts about 5/6 hours on the skin. 

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 8/10, I probably wouldn't buy this again, because it just reminds me of my sister, as she wears it all the time... not saying this is a bad thing!

The perfume description: a fresh and floral fragrance which is youthful and sweet and perfect for summer. Daisy is light and easy to wear and features a cool combination which includes strawberry, violet leaf and blood grapefruit top notes, heart notes of gardenia, jasmine and violet and base notes of musk, vanilla and white woods.

My thoughts/comments:
This is probably the oldest out of all the perfumes and I remember longing for this way before I actually got it. The packaging is really pretty, Marc Jacobs perfumes always have gorgeous packaging. The lid has 3 daises of mixed sizes made from like a white rubber and cute gold detail for the middle.  The scent is like a mature floral only way I can think to describe it as.

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 9/10, I wouldn't repurchase as I would love to try other versions.


YSL - Black Opium
The perfume description: 'the scent is inspired by the dark and mysterious side of the brand. It opens with notes of coffee, complimented by accords of pink pepper, which lead you to the heart of vanilla, jasmine and orange blossom, drawing to a close with base notes of cedar and patchouli.' 

My thoughts/comments:
I recently got this as a christmas present which came with a makeup bag and handbag version. This is definitely my current most used perfume.. i'm obsessed. This is a really strong scent when you initially spray it and then it settles into the skin and lasts the majority of the day. I can definitely smell the coffee and the vanilla which I love, but it's definitely a must spray before buy due to the intensity of the scent and may not be up to everyone's cup of tea. The packaging is beautiful. I love the black & glitter (i love anything with glitter though) and the overall design. I think it's beaut! Reminds more of a winter/autumn scent but I will still wear this all year.

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 10/10, I would definitely repurchase due to me loving the scent so much.


The perfume description: is light, floral and fruity. Made from fruity and floral aromas, top notes of blackberry, pear and grapefruit, a heart of jasmine, lychee and blue wisteria settled on a base of white wood, coconut water and musk.

My thoughts/comments:
I got this as a christmas present a long with the body lotion and shower gel. It was instant love when I saw this come out and knew I wanted it part of my collection. The packaging is amazing: my favourite 100%: packaging wise. I love daises, so instantly fell in love when I saw this. The scent is floral but it's lighter and sweeter than the original. The only downside is that I don't find that it lasts long on. Definitely a summer scent!

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 9.5/10 and would repurchase.

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy
The perfume description: Viva la juicy combines delicious wild berries, with creamy vanilla and bright jasmine.

My thoughts/comments:
I got this as a birthday present from my younger sister after longing for this after smelling it in an airport (airports are bad move, always adding to my perfume wish list).The packaging is really cute especially with the little bow around the neck of the bottle and crystal like lid. The scent is the sweetest of them all and I would also describe it as really girly. I love the scent its gorgeous! Definitely smell it in like boots or airport if you want something sweet. Honestly can't stop smelling this.

If I were to rate this perfume I would give it 9.5/10, definitely would buy again.


Sorry for the lengthy post! Let me know if you have any of these in your collections or whether you want to try one of these out...

see you soon, han x

ps: read our wednesday wamo post to stand a chance win a fragrance of your choice: here
ps ps: I recommend buying perfumes from either allbeauty.com or fragrance direct or tk maxx.

2 comments:

  1. I love perfumes, the YSL Black Opium is high on my wish list at the moment!
    Pieces in Pink | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete